IHS2016 Canadian Student Bursary
As a result of a very generous anonymous donation, BCGEHR has established the Canadian IHS Student Bursary program to support the attendance of Canadian youth at both SOUNDINGS: Music of Our Lands and Our Lives (the International Handbell Symposium, IHS2016) and the SOUND EFFECTS Youth Track which will run concurrently with IHS2016.
The deadline to apply for this bursary is October 1, 2015, so please spread the word to anyone you think may be interested in applying!
Recipients attending IHS2016 will receive $500.
Recipients attending the SEYT will receive $250.
- Recipients must be registered for either IHS2016 or the SEYT.*
- Recipients must be aged 22 or under on July 26, 2016.
- Recipients must be enrolled in full time studies.
- Recipients must be a Canadian citizen/permanent resident.
Please note: there is NO handbell guild affiliation requirement.
*Bursary applicants are not required to be registered for IHS2016 or SEYT at the time of application, but registration will be required before an award is paid to the recipient.
Each applicant is to compose and send a letter of application to [email protected] including all of the information listed below. Alternatively, hard-copy letters of application can be sent to the mailing address below. PLEASE NOTE: applications must be received by the application deadline of October 1, 2015 in order to be considered.
To be included in the application letter:
- Applicant’s full name, contact information (mailing address, email, phone number), and age as of July 26, 2016.
- In the body of the letter, please provide details of the following:
Applicant’s reasons for wishing to attend either event;
Applicant’s future aspirations;
What will handbells and, more specifically, being a recipient of the IHS2016 Canadian Student Bursary mean to the realization of these aspirations?
Send to: [email protected]